Monday, January 7, 2013


BREAKFAST: Most Important Meal of the Day! MAKE IT EASY!!!

EGG FRITTAS in a MUFFIN TIN
You often are rushing to get out the door to work, to get kids to school on time, and perhaps you end up on empty by lunch, and frankly, you may never catch up!  BREAKFAST is what you or your children are using as fuel clear into the afternoon.  And IF you are starting it with refined sugary cereals, the norm of the SAD (standard American diet) you or the kids end up w/low blood sugar,  may become so unfocused due to the drop,  and some even become irritable.  So begin to have a paradigm shift in your thinking, and remember BREAKFAST,  broken into two words, means Break Fast.  You've been a whole night without eating, and need to  1) start your metabolism going, which has slowed down and 2) fuel nutritiously for the next 4-5 hours, with a SUSTAINABLE meal.  (I generally have my hot fresh lemon water w/raw honey or agave upon arising, get ready, and then have something w/PROTEIN for breakfast with some Complex Carb)   See ideas below! If you are not Vegan, (or semi-vegan like me)  then please listen:  Brown, cage free, antibiotic and hormone free eggs are excellent sources of protein, and will not drive your cholesterol up. Egg whites and Egg Beaters, NEVER in this house! If you need the research on this statement, message me! :-)

So we often get duped into thinking "enriched,"  grain cereals by the big companies like General Mills/Kelloggs are really COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES! You'd have to show me one that is. I haven't found ONE  that is yet...smile.  So if you're going to use a boxed cereal with Rice milk/Almond milk/Coconut milk (twice as much calcium as regular milk w/out the hormones, antibiotics and mucous building factor...yes, YIPEEEE)  then try some true complex carb cereals that MAKE THE GRADE...from Whole Foods, PCC, Trader Joes, Health food section of your store, etc.   But don't do a CARB ONLY breakfast! I like KIND brand (the cool, nut bar company, google it!)  gluten free granola chuck full of healthy nuts, when I do cereal! TOO MANY CARBS, and THE WRONG CARBS are NOT  always your Best Friend!   If you remember nothing else, remember this,  FAT, is only stored when Insulin is released!  What triggers insulin?? CARBS!  So I will teach you What/How much/What brands!  I LOVE carbs. I just know which ones to eat! And how much!  Also, avoid  pre fab oatmeal in packets!  They are refined and sugary. If you do oat bran or non-gluten whole oatmeal,  add your non-dairy milks and a smidge of sweetener, (could be agave, pure maple syrup, raisins)  but add chopped up nuts!  I copy the packet you get w/Starbucks Oatmeal...namely fresh pecans/walnuts/almonds. Protein.  If you don't want to go gluten free, (I think you will, after my Gluten Free segment, smile :-)  then please buy SPELT bread, it's easy to find, and rely on ALMOND BUTTER and fresh, real butter on it!  Message again, if you want to know why Peanut Butter is inferior to Almond Butter.  I grind mine at the local Fred Meyer's health food section!  You can buy it in jars as well!  And if you do a protein smoothie, PLEASE use a rice/almond/or coconut milk base with NO SOY ISOLATE protein, but either NutriBiotics Brown Rice Protein, or Whey!  We will have a segment:  SOY is not what you think it is!  Add frozen mixed berries, and if you use the Magic/NutriBullet (my choice) they make healthy smoothies better than blenders!  And yes, do throw in spinach or kale IF you have some fruit such as frozen berries or fresh pineapple to sweeten naturally and disguise the "green stuff." :-)

If you use breakfast meats for Protein at breakfast, please consider using nitrate free, free range, and things like turkey sausages which taste great if you get the right brand, such as SHELTONS. In the above picture, some have turkey sausages in Lloyd's slots, and mine has tons of stuff, but no meat!  You choose!  Just make certain Breakfast includes both Protein and Complex Carbs! I hope to teach you simple recipes for gluten-free breads/pancakes/waffles. I will be giving you my 2DIE4 pancake recipe that is truly adored by my family! SO FLUFFY! SO YUMMY! Food has to STILL taste wonderful for you to be happy and stick with REAL/WHOLE foods your whole life.  Nothing should taste health foody, and if you feel deprived, you will bolt!  Don't worry, I get that!  Smile!  But do give yourself time to re program to REAL foods/Whole foods, as we've been indoctrinated, addicted, many of us to pre fab/refined/non REAL foods.  The change will come if you just follow along!  I promise!   And my motto, always:  a lot of the good, a little of the bad, for most!  And don't try to eat an elephant in one bite!  It took me about a year to re program for life!  So trial/error is NORMAL.  It becomes a red flag to what your food triggers are, to what you need to do for better preparation!  And you go for it again!  And I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT! Message me!!!!

To Recap:  1) Do you have your special water glass and are you increasing water intake?  2) Are you trying some changes to Real food/Whole food living but not using pounds off as a measuring stick of success?  3) Are you adding lemons in hot water/your regular water squeezed in from fresh lemons as often as you can?  And 4) Can you make the choice to try and have Breakfast be the first, but important meal of the day, and include Protein and Complex CARBS, as much as possible?  That is plenty for today!  

And begin to celebrate accomplishments/success as we go along with a NON FOOD reward!  Yipeeeeee! I know I'm a nut! But I am sooooooo happy if you only take some of these habits that have empowered my life, my health, my happiness!  CHEERS! And where are your questions? Ask them at the end of this blog or message me through FB! Hug a roonies. You all deserve to have all of the tools and information you need to STOP disease, aches, pains, and to have AMAZING health and ENERGY!  Will your body likely stop dropping in weight?  Yep,  you will  just have to deal with that, "Fringe benefit!" Smile!  Go slowly!  This is a lifestyle change,  NOT a diet!  Isn't it time you truly discovered, yes, Health is your Greatest Wealth!
NOTE: For the recipe for the above, make the night before, Egg Frittata in Muffin tin, you will need to click on the Weight Coach Linda Facebook page! Find it there! Hooray! And FYI: I only use Coconut Oil! Best oil you can use! Brand? Use Nutiva or Spectrum! Or let me know if you have a favorite! ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. what was the recipe for these fritas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky for the request. Recipes will be available on my FB page called Weight Coach Linda. Please join if you so choose. But indeed, the recipe is here as well. CHEERS and TY so much!

    Recipe for Egg Frittatas (make ahead)CUPCAKES (in a muffin tin.) See pic on today's blog!

    Whisk about 8 large brown/cage/antibiotic/hormone free eggs.
    Add in 1/2 cup either rice/almond/coconut milk.
    Salt and pepper or I use Mrs. Dash
    Then be creative. You can add healthy/non nitrate free range, hormone free meats chopped small. (Shelton's turkey sausage)
    I add chopped mushrooms/peppers/tiny broccoli/onions/etc.
    I mix this all up and pour 2/3's full in my coconut oil greased muffin pan. I then add some shaved dry parmesan cheese on top.
    I bake at 350 degrees for about 18-20 mins. You will have to check your oven. My friend has to go 22 mins. First batch, take the tin out and remove one cupcake egg frittata and check it. It MUST be done all the way! GOOD LUCK, and give me your comments/suggestions! I let cool, and put in a lidded container in the refrig. Heat in 10 seconds in the morning, and have w/a piece of Spelt or gluten free bread. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't freeze well, unfortunately, Denise...but you can baggie or tub em, and they last a good week at least! Unfortunately, they don't last long here, as we eat em for an in between snack, they are so fun! ;-)

    ReplyDelete