Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tonight I just wanted to review again the importance in maintaining energy, health and weight by eating BREAKFAST, and items made with healthy ingredients. Have you realized by now, that really you are not starting a whole new DIET (we don't use the "D" word...smile) but you are just SUBSTITUTING white/processed/dead ingredients for natural, more whole ones?!!!! Take for instance my breakfast muffin on the left, which I have when in a hurry in the morning. It is made with my secret blend of non-gluten "pastry" flours that will look NO different and taste even better than your WHITE, unbleached (still poor) wheat flour! It has great fiber, and yet is MOIST as all get out, due to the zucchini and a finely shredded carrot, and I use a good oil, sweeten with a little maple syrup or Evapoated Cane Juice and have walnuts inside and on top for protein. This muffin would make the ALL-STAR list at any household. And you could tweek it. Or buy it if you don't want to bake. I'll supply you with brands. I have a quick 1/2 size smoothie w/it, and I'm good to go and feel like I've BENT THE RULES it is all so DELISH!!! My thumbprint cookie is so YUMMY, and YES, it is high fiber, low in refined sugar, but sweet enough to be a YUM treat. NEVER use deprivation. THE WORLD IS YOURS with delicious food. If you haven't discovered how tremendously wonderful it is in  learning the tricks of the trade in just programming to new ingredients, well, you have a lot to look forward to! The jam is fruit juice sweetened and so "normal" tasting, if I served you EITHER of these, I bet you would think, NOT HEALTHY...LOL...TOO TASTY! I can teach you it's OK to have snacks, treats, of all types. But they TREATS. Not eaten constantly.  And not from refined, white concentrated spikey sugar and white dead flour. It seems so easy to me, after 30 years, I sometimes forget you are learning step by step, so remind me. ASK QUESTIONS.

So in summary, EAT BREAKFASTSkipping breakfast may seem like a good idea if you’re trying to lose weight — but the body goes into "hibernation" mode and will LOWER YOUR METABOLISM.  By skipping breakfast, you aren’t fueling your body when it needs it most, and I'll repeat again, you are  forcing your system into starvation mode. For every breakfast skipped, your body takes and begins FAT STORAGE! When your body thinks it’s starving, every calorie taken in becomes crucial to survival. 


Enjoy the holidays by just making a few changes. Read labels. Use some more unrefined items in your baking and cooking. Or buy at a co op or Trader Joes or Whole Foods and feel good that the treat you are allowing yourself, is WHOLESOME. G'nite, and PLEASE ask questions if you need specifics on products to use in the substitution basis. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, so why not have it be DELICIOUS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment